How to buy clothes for dogs
Our pooch also needs to be dressed for any kind of weather. Buying clothes for the first time may be troublesome. In this article, we give you tips which will help you while buying clothes for your dogs.
• Measurements: Without the proper measurements, you can't buy clothes for the dog that fits it right. The dog has to be standing square and not sitting. You measure the dog from the base of its collar to the spot where the tail begins. You should also take the measurements behind its front legs for the girth as this is the widest point.
• Make sure the closures of the clothes are safe. Buy clothes with safety buckles so that when it is under stress it breaks away rather than choking or suffocating the pet. It also prevents the pet from getting injured or strangled if the clothes get caught on the fence.
• If your dog is a constant chewer, you better avoid buying clothes that have fringe, feathers or shiny buttons which will tempt the dog. Objects that are chewed and swallowed will be a choking hazard for the dog.
• Buy clothes that are machine washable to avoid regrets as dogs will get wet and dirty constantly which will also get their clothes dirty. When you buy clothes, make sure the fabric does not shrink and can withstand repeated washes.
• Watch out for a slit in the back for the leash. Without a slit, getting a leash on will be problematic.
• Make sure the fabric of the cloth suits the dog. Some pets are allergic to some fabrics.